+ IACO : International Art Cooperative Organization +

2024. 3. 28

[¼­¾çÈ­] ¹ÌÄ«È£¸® ¤Ó Mika Horie 2109
Æ®·¢¹é ÁÖ¼Ò : http://www.artiaco.com/home/bbs/tb.php/mgallery/305 
Mika Horie

Originally from Kyoto, Japan in 1984. My interest in photography and Japanese paper-making began in BA in Information Design at Kyoto University of Art and Design. In 2008, I moved to the United Kingdom for my one-year study in MA European Arts Practice (Fine Art) at Kingston University London. Throughout my life in Europe, I developed her interest in exploring Japanese aesthetic point of views and sense of humor in our everyday life with various artworks beyond two-dimensional media. In 2013, I established my own studio space on a small mountain in the village of Yamanaka Onsen/ Kaga-city in Japan. I travel around the world for photographing landscapes, still-life, and portraits, then making Gampi Japanese papers from pure wild trees and spring water. Furthermore, I make cyanotype prints by iron-salt and sunlight. Silence, imperfectness of human, subtle sense of humor. Those are my aim to expresses on her handmade papers.

¿ø·¡ 1984³â ÀϺ» ±³Åä¿¡¼­ ž´Ù. »çÁø°ú ÀϺ» Á¾ÀÌ Á¦ÀÛ¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ÀúÀÇ °ü½ÉÀº ±³Åä´ëÇб³ Á¤º¸µðÀÚÀÎÇкο¡¼­ ½ÃÀ۵Ǿú´Ù. 2008³â, Àú´Â Å·½ºÅÏ ´ëÇÐÀÇ MA À¯·´ ¿¹¼ú ¿¬½À(Fine Arts Practice, ÆÄÀÎ ¾ÆÆ®)¿¡ ´ëÇÑ 1³â°£ÀÇ ¿¬±¸¸¦ À§ÇØ ¿µ±¹À¸·Î ¿Å°å´Ù. À¯·´¿¡¼­ÀÇ »îÀ» ÅëÇØ, Àú´Â 2Â÷¿ø ¹Ìµð¾î¸¦ ³Ñ¾î ´Ù¾çÇÑ ¿¹¼úÀÛÇ°À» ÅëÇØ ¿ì¸®ÀÇ ÀÏ»ó »ýÈ°¿¡¼­ ÀϺ»ÀÇ ¹ÌÀû °üÁ¡°ú À¯¸Ó °¨°¢À» Ž±¸ÇÏ´Â °Í¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ±×³àÀÇ °ü½ÉÀ» ¹ßÀü½Ã°å´Ù. 2013³â¿¡ Àú´Â ÀϺ»ÀÇ ¾ß¸¶³ªÄ« ¿Â¼¾/°¡ µµ½Ã¿¡ ÀÖ´Â ÀÛÀº »ê¿¡ Á¦ ÀÚ½ÅÀÇ ½ºÆ©µð¿À °ø°£À» ¼¼¿ü´Ù. Àú´Â dz°æÈ­, Á¤¹°È­, ÃÊ»óÈ­¸¦ Âï±â À§ÇØ ¼¼°è °÷°÷À» ¿©ÇàÇÏ°í ¼ø¼ö ¾ß»ý ³ª¹«¿Í »ù¹°·Î °¨ÇÇ ÀϺ» Á¾À̸¦ ¸¸µç´Ù. °Ô´Ù°¡, Àú´Â öºÐ°ú ÇÞºûÀ¸·Î ½Ã¾ÈÅäÇüÀ» ¸¸µç´Ù. ħ¹¬, Àΰ£ÀÇ ºÒ¿ÏÀüÇÔ, ¹Ì¹¦ÇÑ À¯¸Ó °¨°¢. ±×°ÍµéÀº ³»°¡ ±×³àÀÇ ¼ö°ø¿¹ ¼­·ù¿¡ Ç¥ÇöÇÏ´Â °ÍÀÌ´Ù.

Project how to make her works
Since I moved to a traditional farmhouse in the woods in
2013, the landscape around my studio has provided me
with both the literal and conceptual material for my work. I
begin by sustainably harvesting wild gampi trees as my
predecessors did, in such a way that they can grow back
every year from the wild trees, then make all handmade
papers using the bark of the trees and spring water. At
the same time, I take black and white photographs of the
landscape, and use the negatives to make cyanotype
prints on my paper with iron salts and sunlight. The photos
become part of the paper¡ª this indigo and off-white
prints are strong enough to last more than 1000 years.

½£¼ÓÀÇ ÀüÅëÀûÀÎ ³ó°¡·Î ÀÌ»çÇÑ ÀÌÈÄ 2013³â, ½ºÆ©µð¿À ÁÖº¯ÀÇ Ç³°æÀÌ ¹®ÀÚ ±×´ë·Î ±×¸®°í °³³äÀûÀ¸·Î Á¦ ÀÛÇ°À» ¸¸µé¾úÁÒ ³ª´Â ¾ß»ý °¨ÇÇ ³ª¹«¸¦ ³» Àç·á·Î ¾²±âÀ§ÇØ °è¼ÓÀûÀ¸·Î ½ÀÀÛÇÏ´Â °ÍºÎÅÍ ½ÃÀÛÇÑ´Ù. ÀüÀÓÀÚµéÀÌ ÇØ¿Â°Í Ã³·³ ±×°ÍÀÌ ´Ù½Ã ÀÚ¶ö ¼ö ÀÖ´Â ¹æ½ÄÀ¸·Î Çß´Ù. ¸Å³â ¾ß»ý ³ª¹«·ÎºÎÅÍ, ±×¸®°í ¸ðµç ¼ÕÀ¸·Î ¸¸µç ³ª¹«²®Áú°ú »ù¹°À» ÀÌ¿ëÇÑ Á¾ÀÌ ¿¡¼­ ¹Ù·Î °°Àº ½Ã°£¿¡ ³ª´Â Èæ¹é »çÁøÀ» Âï´Â´Ù. dz°æ, ±×¸®°í ¹Ý´ë¸éÀ» »ç¿ëÇÏ¿© ½Ã¾ÈÅäÇüÀ» ¸¸µç´Ù. ³» Á¾ÀÌ¿¡ ö¼Ò¿°°ú ÇÞºûÀ¸·Î ÀμâÇÑ °Í »çÁøµé Á¾ÀÌÀÇ ÀϺΰ¡ µÇ´Ù. Áö¹®ÀÌ 1000³â ÀÌ»ó Áö¼ÓµÇ±â¿¡ ÃæºÐÈ÷ °­ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
Mika Horie,Kayano-Osugi,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,27x23x0,05cm,2018
Mika Horie,Tranquil-,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,29,7x42x0,05cm,2018
Mika HorieSky-on-the-Frontier-210,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,42x29,7x0,05cm,2018